|Recent publications available from amazon.co.uk|
[Show more items from amazon.co.uk]
|View other countries: USA UK Deutschland France Italia Canada Japan — view all countries|
- "I'll Say She Is" returns to New YorkFrom 28 May - 2 July 2016 "I'll Say She Is", one of the first hit shows for the Marx Brothers, will return to New York and be performed at the Connelly Theater, 220 East 4th Street, NYC.
- TCM film festival announces restored "Horse Feathers"At the TCM film festival in April 2016 in Hollywood they will be showing "a world premiere restoration presented in collaboration with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment" of "Horse Feathers". Click here for more information.
- "An Evening with Groucho" comes to Australia (again)Frank Ferrante will return to Australia for a 35 city tour of "An Evening With Groucho" from September 30th, 2016 to November 26th. The tour will cover much of the country including New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria with stops in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and Brisbane Click here for more information.
- "An Evening with Groucho" - tour dates
Frank Ferrante is touring with his show "An Evening with Groucho".
Click here for his current tour dates.
- Marx Brothers on TV & RadioTimes given are local time. 24 hour format is used.
Recent publications Books / Audio / Video
Coniam, Matthew: The Annotated Marx Brothers - A Filmgoer’s Guide to In-Jokes, Obscure References and Sly Details
There are lots of scenes in the movies which we nowadays cannot fully understand because they refer to people or events who were well known at the time of filming. Matthew has put together a great collection of material which helps us to understand what is really going on.
Coniam, Matthew: That's Me, Groucho!
The Solo Career of Groucho Marx
Deschamps, Hélène; Muizon, Mathieu de : Les Marx Brothers : Les indomptables du cinéma
A biography written for children
Diamond, Noah: Gimme a Thrill
The Story of "I'll Say She Is", the lost Marx Brothers musical, and how it was found
Siegel, Lee: Groucho Marx - The Comedy of Existence
From the publisher's website: "The first critical biography of Groucho Marx to approach his work analytically, this fascinating study draws unique connections between Groucho’s comedy and his life, concentrating primarily on the brothers’ classic films as a means of understanding and appreciating Julius the man."
Gullo, Jim: Grouch Bag: A Novel
A boy goes back in time to save comedy. In 1908 he meets the Marx Brothers before they became famous.